History of The Apostolic Church
Opening services of Glory Tabernacle were held on Easter Sunday, April 21, 1946. 35 people gathered for service in a building on Sabine Pass Avenue, near Railroad Avenue (now Martin Luther King Parkway). Bro. Tracy Boutlier was the pastor. Light for the service was provided by coal oil lamps. In time, Bro. Boutlier bought land at 2650 Sabine Pass Avenue.
In October 1969, the church assembly voted unanimously for Bro. Marvin L. Cole to be their pastor.
November 2, 1969, marked Bro. Cole’s first Sunday as pastor of the United Pentecostal Church of Sabine Pass Avenue (now The Apostolic Church of Beaumont), accompanied by his wife, Sis. Marie Barbee Cole, and children, Marvin Wendell and Ruth Michelle. There were 69 present in Sunday School that day.
In 1973, the church moved to Blackmon Lane, where two acres and larger facilities would accommodate the growth of the congregation. In 1977, the metallic sanctuary was built at that location, with seating for 400. In 1982, educational facilities, a kitchen, and fellowship hall were added to this facility.
A total of five land purchases at this location has given the church 12 acres on which to expand as God’s blessings continue. On October 19, 1997, the Church family moved into their beautiful new church home near the old facility, at 3333 Eastex Freeway. The sanctuary has seating for 1,000, and the facility includes a spacious Fellowship Hall with commercial kitchen, large educational wing, bookstore, multiple nurseries, office suites, and many other beautiful features.
Rev. Jason Carr currently serves as Pastor of The Apostolic Church. Pastor Carr and his wife, Brenda, have been involved in ministry since 1992. He is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Texas. His vision for The Apostolic Church is for it to become a thriving church, and a center for evangelism, from which new ministers and ministries are launched.